I’ve mentioned before about how this other girl comes into my office to talk to my office mate and complain about her boyfriend, right? OK, well, homegirl has what I call “Muriel’s Wedding” syndrome in a big way. She really, really, really wants to get married and she is somehow convinced that this guy she’s been dating is the one.
This morning, she comes in here and starts to complain. Turns out, her boyfriend told her about a month ago or so that he was saving for something big, but he couldn’t tell her what it was. Well, this weekend, he broke down and told her what he was saving for. Are you ready? He was saving for…
A PS 3
I just about busted out laughing. She was thinking that he was saving to buy her a ring, or to take her on vacation somewhere or something along those lines. She said she told him he was a “man-child” and that she hopes he enjoys his game. She also said “You never tell a woman that you’re saving for something, unless it’s something that’s for her…” blah, blah. I was thinking, what a selfish c-word. The world does not revolve around you.
But wait, there’s more!
The boyfriend in question is uber-religious (she’s not) and he is a firm believer in the no sex until marriage (she’s not). He’s a 34 year old virgin. I think it’s commendable that he’s stuck to his guns for all this time, specially given all the pressures of modern day life. She’s been dating him for about 2 years now, so in a sense, it’s commendable of her too. He won’t get married because “God hasn’t told him to get married” which his GF thinks is B.S. I think she was thinking her undercarriage was going to get a bit of the how’s your father, and now she had that taken away since he wants a PS3 instead of marrying her. You’d think she’d get the hint.
I came across this thing, and it’s just gay enough to be fun. Anyone want to try to get together a group here in town? I heard the Alamo was signed up as a venue.
Make sure you check out some of the videos.
Sometimes, I like driving, other times, not so much. This is the slow time of the year, and so it’s been hard to make any money driving. Couple that with the choking price of gas, and well, there you have it. Well, here are a couple things from the last couple of days:
- Remember the guy that thought he had had a heart attack a few weeks back? Well, he called again, and I took him on another liquor store run. No heart attack this time though.
- I ended up talking to this one customer who was telling me about his web company. It’s an outfit called dadlabs.com, which seems like an interesting web site to go visit every so often.
- I played a cash cab-esque game with some passengers. We were asking each other trivia questions about Central and South America, gasoline prices and other random things.
- Dispatch sent me out on a pick up from the South Austin hospital. They said that the customer was waiting by the “courdicy” phone. It took me a moment to figure out that dispatch meant the “courtesy” phone. Gotta love it.
- I think this was on Thursday night. I picked up this guy from a hotel, and on the drive back to his house he shares with me that he broke up with his boyfriend the day before, and had just spent the day and most of the night with a woman. He said that he was going back to women because women aren’t as moody and crazy as men, and “the sex is better with women anyway.”
- I got called out to a restaurant on a 2 cab call. I hate multiple cab calls from restaurants because usually, the first cab on the scene gets all the passengers, and the last guy there gets nothing. As I pull up to the restaurant, there are 2 people waiting outside.Â Turns out, I was the first cab there. Originally, they were each going to different places, but both decided to go to the girl’s house. Anyway, on the way to the girl’s house, she calls her boyfriend to find out if he was home or not. He wasn’t. On the way, I find out that they’ve been working for the last 12 hours and are going home to “blow off some steam.” As we’re pulling up to the house, the guy asks me if I can come by and pick him up in about half an hour. I’m thinking, this was this girl’s Sancho, but what do I know.
That’s it for now, there’s more, but you’ll have to wait for it.